JulieHasMoved

JulieHasMoved

MM Lover who is never afraid of casting David as her book boyfriend of the day.

The Imperfection of Swans

The Imperfection of Swans - Brandon Witt Perfection: the act of making something perfect or better.

Perfect: conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type; entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings.

I have to honest, I have started to tear up just reading these definitions...and yes I know I am a big cry baby where some of these books are concerned but this is just heartbreaking. For anyone to believe or think that it is possible to be perfect, to be without flaws and to not believe that each one of us is made up of our own shortcomings and defects just breaks me.

Kevin is that person. A person who struggles with perfection, with beauty and hides behind a mask that he creates for those around him. And it is not until Casper enters his life that someone sees behind this mask to the true Kevin and what Casper sees is not only beautiful but someone he longs to be with. It is Casper who will ultimately "bring peace" to Kevin's world.

"I know I shouldn’t say this so soon, but whatever. You don’t have to be perfect for us to be great together. In fact, I hope you’re not, because I sure can’t be."

Everyone needs a Casper.

This is a slow build love that grows between two amazing characters. Characters with dreams. Characters with fears and asperations and two who fate has brought together on this journey.

Honestly, it is the entirety of Chapter 30 that for me makes this a 5 star read. I just have no words for this amazing piece of work. It will forever live in my heart and soul.

Just an absolutely beautiful book full of what I feel are real life situations, issues, discussions and dreams and Brandon Witt has done so amazingly well. I cannot recommend this enough.

And no this is not the review I wanted to write. I find myself struggling at times with books that touch me so deeply. No words can ever do the book justice. Just read it.