JulieHasMoved

JulieHasMoved

MM Lover who is never afraid of casting David as her book boyfriend of the day.

Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt Heart Series)

Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt Heart Series) - N.R. Walker The reread continues to just be better and better. ❤️❤️❤️

I think I found my Charlie.

Status Updates (Read #1):
15% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: Travis leaned in and kissed me. Probably to shut me up, but I didn't care. It was the warmest feels-like-home kiss I think we'd had.

29% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: "You don't belong here." He smiled at my expression. "You belong on Sutton Station. It's part of you. The vastness, the open spaces, the red dirt."
"It's who I am."
He smiled. "It who I love."

*melting*

33% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: Oh good lord Charlie!!! Have you heard him at all???

43% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: I glared at Travis, because this was all his fault, and even in the rain I think I could see the look in his eyes Ma talked about - the one of me hangin' the moon - and it made my heart beat all out of rhythm.

77% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: We rocked back and forth, always kissing. And on the cold, cold ground by the flickering warmth of the fire, we made love. The way he held me, the way he looked at me, it was the closest to heaven I'd ever get without dyin'.

80% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: "First shopping, then the hairdresser. Exactly how gay are you?"
"You can have the shopping and hairdresser, but on the account of loving dick and arse, I'd say very gay."

Status Updates (Read #2):

25% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: Travis smiled at her, lifted the cup straight to his lips and sipped it. His eyes closed slowly, and he hummed at the first taste, or maybe it was the aroma, but I made a mental note to buy him a coffee machine. It’d be worth every damn cent just so I could see him look like that.
❤️❤️❤️

30% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: Then Travis held the lube like he was showcasing it on The Price is Right . He even turned, giving her a view of the bottle from left and right. “Silicone based, lasts three times as long,” he said, loud enough for her to hear, in a phoney salesman’s voice.
“Jesus, Travis,” I hissed at him. “What are you doing?”
He hiss- whispered, “She’s being all evil- grandma, and I figured if there’s anything in this store she needs, it’s this!” He held up the lube. “I just need to find the dildo section so she can go fuck herself.”
I rubbed my temples. “ Trav, they don’t sell dildos in Woollies.”
“Woollies?” he asked, obviously confused.
"Is that a euphemism for cock- socks? I didn’t ask for those.”
“Woolworth ’s,” I explained.
“See? You do shorten everything. Woollies? Seriously?”
“Yes, Woollies. What’s wrong with that?”
“It sounds like socks or thermal underwear.”
"Can you put down the lube?” I asked.

One of my favorite scenes!!!!

43% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: I glared at Travis, because this was all his fault, and even in the rain I think I could see that look in his eyes Ma talked about— the one of me hangin’ the moon— and it made my heart beat all out of rhythm.

48% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: “Not every relationship is meant to last, Charlie, but what you and Travis have isn’t dying. You’re killing it. Like you won’t be happy until you’ve driven him away so you can spend the rest of your life miserable, so you can what? Say that you were right all along?”
Go Ma Go!!!

67% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: It was around three in the afternoon when the said love of my life walked up to the house with Ernie. They all just kinda stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say, and Travis was grinning at me. I was sitting with one tub of water in between my feet for the clean potatoes and a still half- full bucket of dirty potatoes to my side. I also happened to be wearing bright yellow washing up gloves. I glared at him, and his grin got even wider. “Anyone laughs,” I warned, “and they’re fired.”
So of course, Travis fucking laughed. “Nice gloves."

I love him!!!

80% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: “First shopping, then the hairdresser? Exactly how gay are you?”
I spoke low so only he could hear. “You can have the shopping and hairdresser, but on the account of loving dick and arse, I’d say very gay.”

83% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: I risked a glance at Travis, and I could see the worry in his eyes. He was keeping his hands busy with his drink, and I wondered how much self- control it took for him to not touch me. I could tell he wanted to, maybe as much as I wanted to feel it.
❤️❤️❤️

91% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: “Do you know what the odds are that I would ever find someone? I live and work in the middle of the desert, and he gets on a plane from the other side of the planet and arrives at my doorstep.” I took a shaky breath. “The most perfect guy, and for some reason I will never understand, he chose me. I’ll tell you what the odds are.” I raised my pointer finger. “One. One chance in a lifetime. That’s all I get.”
I love this. ❤️❤️

97% done with Red Dirt Heart 2: I’m so used to bein’ all caught up in my head and used to it just bein’ me. Bein’ alone, yeah? And then you came along and changed all that, and now I kind of can’t live without you.