JulieHasMoved

JulieHasMoved

MM Lover who is never afraid of casting David as her book boyfriend of the day.

30 Day Book Challenge-Day 14

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré

The Challenge is on!  Basing my responses on my last year of reading...since I have a good record of those. The mind is not what it used to be! So...

DAY 14 - Book turned movie and completely desecrated

To my knowledge none of the books I have read in the last year have been made into a movie (yet) so I need to go on back in time.  I do have high expectations however on several in the making.

I could write pages and pages on the frustrations I felt during many of the Harry Potter movies.  As a true "Potterhead" I can say that I have read the books several times and have probably listened to them all read by Jim Dale 5-6 times. Overall several of the movies I really liked. I thought Sorcerer's Stone was well done honestly and definitely captured the book well.  But this book was short so there were less opportunities to be disappointed.  Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire also were pretty well done...I am sure I complained about something at the time. :)  My biggest beef with the movies however comes when they completely change something that happens or add scenes that are NOT IN THE BOOK! WTF is that all about!!!

3 standouts for me...

1. The burning down of the Burrow in Half Blood Prince! This did not happen AT ALL!!

2. The changing of Dumbledore's death scene (Harry standing under the stairs) also in Half Blood Prince.  Honestly much of this movie bothered me.  So much had to be cut out which again is the frustration with using airtime for a scene that is not in the book.  I am not sure anyone (who loves the books) would say the movie is too long...so make it longer!

3. The entire last 30 minutes of the series for me was a huge downer...first off the battle scene in the book (which is one of the greatest verbal battles ever) never got the respect it deserved and the BREAKING OF THE WAND!!!  WHY?????

Ok - I will stop here!